Environmental Policy and Certifications
We believe in doing business in a way that respects our clients, our people and our environment. Martin Brattrud has made it a priority to create a healthy, productive work environment for our employees. We are committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our activities and we design and manufacture furniture of a quality that serves our clients’ needs and vision.
In brief, our environmental policy is to comply with the letter and intent of all environmental laws and regulations. Specifically, we:
- Channel all waste solvents and solids resulting from our production processes through established recovery companies
- Use water-based adhesives and wood stain finishes
- Recycle scrap polyurethane foam
- Maintain VOC levels significantly below SCAQMD standard
- Avoid sourcing or using wood species from rainforests
Martin Brattrud seating and selected tables have been tested and certified by Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) to meet SCS Indoor Advantage or Indoor Advantage Gold The criteria for this indoor air emissions certification program also meets the criteria of ANSI/BIFMA M-7.1 and X7.1 and therefore the criteria for LEED-CI EQ 4.5.
Certification documents and registration numbers: